Undoubtedly power failures can wreak havoc on lives and are equally devastating to your businesses. For online businesses, it can be even more devastating, as lost sales and downtime can mean significant losses in revenue.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to help protect your business from power failures. For example, you can install an AC power industrial inverter that provides businesses uninterrupted power during a power failure.
What Is an AC Power Industrial Inverter?
Most businesses cannot function as usual without an inverter during power failures. This is because batteries’ D.C. power is inadequate to run most business equipment. But, these inverters convert the D.C. power provided by batteries into usable AC power to run essential equipment in the business.
Three things to consider while installing AC Inverter for your online business
Your business relies on a steady power supply to keep it running. What would you do if there was a power failure and you lost all your data? How would you continue to operate your business? This is where an AC inverter helps, and here are a few tips before selecting one:
1. Inverter Wattage
This is the power it can provide, and you’ll need to ensure it’s enough to support your business needs.
Then, you need to decide where to put the inverter. You’ll want to ensure it’s in a spot where it will be accessible in case of a power failure.
3. Familiarity with inverter
And finally, you’ll need to ensure your staff knows how to use the inverter and what steps they need to take during a power failure.
Five Tips for preparing your online business During a Power Failure
An AC inverter is one of your best defenses when a power outage fails to provide the energy you need to keep your business running, no matter how long the outage lasts.
But there are some steps you can take to ensure that your business runs smoothly with an AC inverter during a power failure:
- Ensure you connect all critical components of your system to the AC Inverter by using surge protectors. This will help prevent any instability or damage caused by sudden spikes in electricity.
- Back up all data and keep copies on hand to access the most up-to-date information while your system runs on the inverter’s energy supply.
- Have a plan that outlines who is responsible for keeping an eye on the inverter and monitoring its performance during a power failure. This will ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Also, ensure that all staff members know how to operate the AC inverter in an emergency. For example, everyone must know about turning the inverter on/off and other safety procedures associated with it.
- Employees should know how to shut down equipment safely and where to find emergency supplies. Businesses should have a plan for power outages, whether from severe weather or another type of emergency.
How to Maintain Your AC Power Industrial Inverters
Regular maintenance can keep your inverters operating at their best capacity. You should perform running tests and inspections regularly and general maintenance like cleaning dirty parts and replacing old parts when necessary.
- To keep your inverter in good condition, ensure you clean the outer structure every month, as this will help to prevent dust buildup.
- Dust can accumulate and cause the inverter to overheat, which could lead to a malfunction or even a total failure.
- Also, check the cooling fans and ventilation holes to ensure they’re not blocked. If they are, clear them out with a soft brush or use compressed air – whichever works better for you.
- You should also check for loose connections and tighten them up where necessary. And if there are any signs of corrosion, replace those components immediately.
Thus, AC power industrial inverters are an excellent option for preparing your online business for power failure. They help sustain the online business during power failure by providing backup power. You can get the best AC inverters for your business at Exeltech.