College campuses rely on uninterrupted power to maintain regular operations. Everything from security systems to lighting to air conditioning is affected when the power goes out. In some cases, this can result in a campus-wide power outage.
A 2K watt power inverter can help prevent this from happening by providing backup power to essential systems.
During a power outage, these inverters automatically switch on and provide power to the campus as long as necessary.
Types of Inverters Used on College Campus
There are three types of inverters commonly used in college campuses.
- Sine wave inverter, which is perhaps the best type of inverter. They provide clean and stable power, ideal for running sensitive electronic equipment. However, they are also the most expensive type of inverters.
- A square wave inverter is the cheapest type of inverter. However, they produce a lot of noise and are unsuitable for running sensitive electronic equipment.
- Modified square wave inverter, which is in between the sine and square wave inverters with regards to price and performance. They are not as clean as the sine wave inverters, but they are more reliable than the square wave inverters.
Applications at Colleges Requiring Regular Power Supply
These true sine wave inverters can supply energy to various items like lights, fans, televisions, and other digital equipment that require continuous power backup.
- With a 2K watt power inverter, these essential items will continue to run even during an outage.
- Moreover, with these power inverters, you can install additional components such as automatic voltage stabilizers and solar panels.
- They help reduce energy lost due to inefficiency, ensuring that the college’s electrical appliances receive clean and uninterrupted power during unplanned power cuts.
- These inverters are also easily upgradable, allowing the colleges to use them according to their specific needs.
Features of Power Inverters
Regarding purchasing power inverters, a 2K watt power inverter ensures that it has all the features and specs you need when purchasing power inverters.
- First, check if it has an output voltage of 230 volts to ensure that your college has the necessary power to run various electrical appliances and networks.
- Also, check for energy-saving mode that can help reduce energy consumption by automatically switching over when not in use.
- The following vital feature to look for in an inverter is a high surge capacity to handle sudden spikes in power demand.
- Additionally, you should check for safety features such as overload protection, short circuit protection, temperature protection, and reverse polarity protection for the battery’s longevity.
- Finally, ensure that the inverter is sturdy and made from durable material to last for several years.
Five Advantages of Using 2K Watt Power Inverters in College Campus
Using 2K watt power inverters on college campus offer the following benefits:
- They provide regular and uninterrupted power supply during power outages or extreme weather conditions.
- Furthermore, due to their high wattage capacity, these inverters can provide backup power for the whole campus.
- In addition, these inverters are highly reliable as they have a large storage capacity.
- They come with an automatic voltage regulator that helps prevent surges and dips in voltage. This thus saves any sensitive electronic equipment on the college campus from potential damage.
- These inverters have lower maintenance costs since they require fewer parts than their lower-wattage counterparts. As such, colleges don’t need to worry about frequent breakdowns or repair costs associated with other types of inverters.
Thus, colleges can always get a reliable power backup source by investing in these true sine wave inverters, allowing them to keep operations running smoothly.
Also, they provide a clean and efficient backup power source and are relatively affordable.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable power inverter, Exeltech has a wide range of inverters.